Monday, August 13, 2007

Exercise 1 - Map


Here is the map with the color applied to it.

The apple has been divided in half to symbolize that there are two parties involved. The Consumer and the Producer. The consumer is represented on the left hand side and the producer on the right. The colors also reflect the consumer and producer. The color on the left side is depicted stronger because the consumer is the main focus of the entire process. Without the consumer the producer would not be involved, therefore the color overlaid on their process is less.

There are three points in which the “wand” changes hands. The first is the process after the consumer confirms the order which is depicted by the purchasing process logo which travels from the consumer to the producer side. The second is the point when the order is sent into the delivery system from the producer to the consumer and is depicted by the plan traveling from the right side to the left. The last point is when the consumer signs for the package and the producer is notified of the confirmation which is represented by the scanner shown in the middle of the apple.

I appreciate everyone’s comments and I will be working on this further this week. Please feel free to comment if you have not done so thus far.

4 comments:

Rick E said...

I am very impressed seeing this progression. The latest post is quite a complelling map. I am not sure I totally get the consumer / supplier color intensity shift, but overall, very visually stimulating.

Matt Anderle said...

Jaclyn,

I haven't seen your post in a couple days and I must say the progression for the original motherboard concept has really come along artistically! I like the experience of just looking at your image and how everything interacts with each other in an organized methodical fasion. In response to Rick's post, does the producer ever become the consumer? Do employees of Apple, Inc. also buy the products they create? Just giving you a couple questions to continue your development of this map. Great work!

Jaclyn said...

Matt,
Thank you for the questions you asked in your post. I have been thinking the last few days about the direction I want to pursue. I appreciate you asking those questions and I will be condidering them today. I am hoping to have some new ideas up sometime tonight for all to comment.

Unknown said...

Your most recent image has great potential. I think that the most compelling elements in the composition are those that overlap between zones. I wonder how you think about the thresholds between these seams in your collage. How else could these seams be understood spatially? How is one's identity represented through the sharing of these objects?

Best regards,

Karen Nelson, Director, Advanced Studios, BAC